Pakenham Christian Church sends a set amount of their tithes to support missions.
We support the work of Eugene and Fiona Gebert in Japan; Warren and Sheena Luscombe in Fitzroy Crossing, in remote Western Australia; Di Wilson in Chiang Mai, Thailand; as well as the 4C’s Crisis Relief Center in Pakenham.
Japan Directions: Eugene and Fiona Gerbert have a heart for Japan, having both served there prior to their marriage. As part of the ACCI, they are serving in Fukuoka with their two daughters, Jessica and Elyssa, for a minimum six year term. Please pray for the Gerbert’s, as they step out in faith with the vision of Japan becoming a Christian nation.
Australian Aboriginal Outreach Ministries: Warren and Sheena Luscombe have been ministering in Fitzroy Crossing, Western Australia, for 15 years. They are involved in pastoring the Fitzroy Crossing Assembly of God, as well as supporting three other churches in the West Kimberley’s. They also work with local Aboriginal communities, and assist and mentor Aboriginal pastors. Please pray for the Luscombe’s as they continuing serving God and sharing His Love.
Di Wilson has been a board member of Pakenham Christian Church for 16 years, and in late 2016 stepped down to serve on the mission field with Agape Home in Northern Thailand for 2017. Agape Home provides a loving and caring place for children and women living with HIV/ Aids in Chiang Mai. Di will be coordinating teams of people ministering to Agape from overseas. Please pray for Di as she shares the love Jesus to these beautiful children and women.
The 4C’s Crisis Relief Center is a volunteer-run, multi-denominational project of the Churches in Cardinia Shire. The 4C’s ministers to the poor, crisis torn and marginalised of the community by providing practical aid of emergency finance, no interest loans, food relief, emergency accommodation, furniture, clothing, bedding, budgeting and financial advice, debt liaison, and crisis and long-term counselling. Please pray for the 4C’s and the vital work they do caring for our community.
Each year in November, Pakenham Christian Church also participates in Abolitionist Sunday, taking a stand against human trafficking and slavery, and a world in which men, women and children are exploited for profit.
We invite you to join with us in prayer:
- For strength and salvation, freedom and justice, hope and healing of victims and for God’s love to be revealed in the midst of their circumstances – Ps 138:7, Luke 19:10; Ps 82:4, Ps 103:6; Prov 23:18, Jer 30:17
- For conviction, repentance and salvation of traffickers – Is 55:7, Rom 5:6-8
- For criminal networks to be dismantled – Ps 7:9, Ps 37:17
- For corruption in governments to cease – Deut 16:19, Zech 8:16
- For the families of those kidnapped or sold – Josh 24:15, Acts 16:31
- For the organisations involved in the rescue and rehabilitation of the victims of slavery and trafficking – Prov 11:25, Matt 5:6-10, 2 Cor 9:8
- For the implementation of just legislation – Prov 29:4, Neh 9:13
- Against poverty, greed and prejudice – Is 61:1, Prov 31:8-9; Joel 3:3-6, 1 Tim 6:10a; Gal 3:28